Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My 25th Birthday a la North Fork Vineyards!





I turn the big-25 this Friday September 18th! One of my best friends & roommate, Lauren (Sapo) & my oh-so thoughtful boyfriend have planned an awesome weekend out on Long Island’s North Fork to celebrate! There will be 26 of my best friends from high school & Villanova - I can't wait to see them all!

Wine-tasting tours on Long Island have become increasingly popular with the mid-twenties crowd over the past two years. The North Fork vineyards are beautiful and extremely accommodating to large crowds. Most people rent a bus, limo, or in our case trolley for the day to transport you & your party from vineyard to vineyard.

It’s a great alternative to renting out a bar, or going to a club for your birthday. Many of these vineyards have live music on the weekends, quaint and scenic tasting rooms for you and your party, and the owners are always friendly and accommodating. It is time to get out of the city, be outdoors in the fresh country air, and learn a bit about wine along the way!

Here’s a sneak preview into what I think my weekend is going to entail – I hope this inspires you to book your weekend on the North Fork!

LAB’s 25th Birthday Weekend Itinerary:

Friday Night:

Drive out to my parent’s summer home in Peconic, Long Island after work & go out to dinner at Claudio’s in Greenport (which is the cutest little town on the water!) with some of by best friends!

Saturday:

9AM: Bagels, mimosas, & lots of coffee while waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.


12 Noon: Trolley arrives to pick us all up (26 of us in total!)

Stock the trolley with snacks for the day & get on our way!

12:15-1PM: Pindar vineyard

1:15-2PM: Bedell vineyard

2:15-3PM: Duck Walk vineyard

3:15-5:30PM: Vineyard 48



6PM: Drop-off home & BBQ at my summer house!

6PM – TBD: BBQ, bon-fire, s’mores, & of course... a dance party!

*want to learn how to make s'mores?


Sunday:

Brunch, recover, & head back to NYC!


Tune in next week to see pictures from my 25th birthday weekend!


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. just passing through, found your blog.
    this sounds amazing. have fun & happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online