Wednesday, January 6, 2010

'09 Holiday's In The Islands Mon


Back to real life after a two week sabbatical in the BVI's (British Virgin Islands) & trying to get back into the swing of things!

We had quite the adventure (& drama) making it down to our first destination thanks to a timely winter snow storm in NY! Eventually, we made it ...


First stop - Anegada, BVI

GORGEOUS, REMOTE, UNTOUCHED, & RELAXING TO THE MAX


Known for it's amazing snorkeling, Anegada is one of the best well-kept secrets of the Caribbean. We stayed at Neptune's Treasure, which isn't exactly the lap of luxory, but it's very pretty, clean, on the water, affordable, and equip with AC, a friendly staff (specifically Randy, our buddy!), and within walking distance of all the "hot spots"
(and by hot spots I mean the two other "bars" on the island!).


Second Stop - Barbuda, BVI

BEAUTIFUL, EXCLUSIVE, UPSCALE RUGGED LUXURY, ALL INCLUSIVE,
& FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY




(below) The "cousins" house that we stayed in!



My Aunt J has been vacationing in Barbuda, specifically at CoCo Point Resort, for the past twenty years. This year she invited my dad's entire side of the family down for a family reuinion in the sun! It was great - my three cousins, my brother, my boyfriend, and I all shared a guest house on the beach while the "adults" (because I still feel weird considering myself one of those), stayed in one of the rooms either on the beach or the bay. Shoes are optional at CoCo Point, but everyone dresses up in their best beachy-chic outfits.

Water sport options are endless - skiing, wake boarding, tubing, deep sea fishing, kayaking, paddle boats, sailing, etc... you name it they have it - and the friendly staff is always willing to take you out on the boat when you want.




Happy hour sunsets every night set the mood for each fabulous dinner at the club house. Everyone at the resort gathers around 7:30PM for cocktails and the "cheese platter" to mingle and catch-up until you sit with your party for a great three-course meal.




I'd love to share more, but I must get back to my real job : )

Please email me if you are interested in any more detailed information on Anegada or Barbuda (traveling there, where to stay, what to do, etc...)
I am more than happy to share my knowledge & experience!

wittywordsbylab@gmail.com


XOXO



1 comment:

  1. VERY VERY cool! What beautiful places to visit! Awesome idea for a family reunion!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online