Friday, May 14, 2010

"Scrap-Frames" A Creative, Unique, & Fun Gift Idea!


Ever been stuck thinking long & hard about
what to get the person who has everything?

Or, maybe you are low on fund$ recently,
but you want to give a meaningful gift.

Or, perhaps you're just in the creative mood & want to have a little fun ....

I found myself a little bit of all three -
So, I came up with the idea to make my own "Scrap-Frames"!

With a little help from Michael's Craft Store & my imagination, I created two beautiful frames for my Mom (for Mother's Day!) & for my little brother (for his Birthday!).



After digging through some old photo's, I found a cute picture of my mom & I when I was a baby & an adorable picture of my brother & I from our summers out in Shelter Island!

These old photo's were a great addition to the handmade, thoughtful & unique frame!


Want to make your own "Scrap-Frame"?
It's Easy!

Supplies:
Bare wood frame from Michaels

Acrylic Paint (washable)
I used Craft Smart Acrylic Craft Paint - it's cheap & comes in hundreds of colors!

Sponge Brush

Water & Wash Bowl

Wood Glue (dries clear)

Mod Podge (waterbase sealer, glue, & finish)

Scrapbook stickers, decorations, magazine cut-outs, quotes, photo's etc...decorate your frame with anything that will stay glued to it!

Steps:
1. paint frame & allow it to dry - several coats may be necessary

2. glue on your decorations & allow to dry

3. paint on mod podge over decorations & entire frame - use two - three coats
*mod podge may look too white over decorations, but don't worry, it will dry clear!

This is a fun way to give a gift that shows you care! It's also a great way to spend some creative quality time with kids!

Have fun!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frames! Be sure to check out http://www.craftyframes.com when you get a chance and let me know what you think of mine. I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.
    scrapbooking stores

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea. This will be my project for my daughter. She'll surely love this.

    Marlene
    Visit my site for Horseshoe Bay Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online